The OneHope Cultivate Summer Internship Program is an opportunity for college upperclassmen to gain experience in the field of global non-profit work while contributing to our mission – God’s Word. Every Child. – by applying their vocational skills and knowledge to important initiatives and projects.. The program includes learning methods of practical ministry design and implementation, while receiving coaching and mentorship from their managers.
Program, Events + Activities
Your internship at OneHope begins with a week of orientation and onboarding. During this time, you will get to know your cohort and our staff, learn about our organizational structure, history, and culture, and get an introduction to the wide range of programs and products OneHope is currently working on. Additionally, you will receive training in our outcome-based ministry philosophy.
Summer interns participate in Root Groups – intentionally designed small groups that create space for prayer, conversation, encouragement, and spiritual practice. These are held every week, and are facilitated by either the Assistant Program Coordinator (APC) or a member of OneHope staff. Root groups will include corporate prayer, and worship while diving deep into God’s Word as a group.
- Advancement — Public Relations, Marketing, Fundraising/Partnerships, Communications, Writing
- Education Initiatives — Spanish/Portuguese/Chinese language skills, Elementary/Middle School Education, Educational Program Design
- Ministry Operations — Finance, Data Analytics, Supply Chain, Field Logistics, Economics
- Ministry Design — Content Development, Program Design, Event Coordination, Research
- Product Development — Writing/Editing, Graphic Design, Program Training,
- Special Projects — Language Skills, Geographic Region Specialty, Leadership
- 1 week training, plus 8-week long internship
- 29 hour work week (Monday – Thursday)
- Weekly training sessions on leadership and ministry design & implementation (Fridays)
- Plug into a local church (of your choosing) for the duration of your stay
To apply for the Cultivate Internship Program, you must meet a few requirements:
- Must be an upcoming junior or senior in college
- Have one or more skill sets that match our department
- Agree with, and feel comfortable accepting OneHope’s Core Values and the Lausanne Covenant.
When you’re ready to apply, be sure to have the following ready
- One-page cover letter
- Headshot (no selfies)
Housing + Transportation
OneHope provides beautiful, newly renovated single-room housing on our premises. The housing has been intentionally designed for healthy, Christ-like communal living. Due to limited public transportation in South Florida, we strongly recommend that residents bring a car. We provide free parking on site.