Date of Last Revision: June 17, 2020
Here is an overview of what you can expect during your digital interaction with us:
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
- Information We Collect
- Who We Are?
- How We Use Your Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Online Analytics and Advertising
- How We Share and Disclose Your Information
- Retention of Your Information
- Third Party Links and Features
- Protecting a Minor’s Privacy
- How Do We Provide A Secure Environment for Online Transactions?
- Data Subject Rights and Choices
- Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
- Privacy Notice for Residents of Certain U.S. States
- How Do You Contact Us Regarding Your Information?
- Opting Out of Communication Concerns?
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you through the means discussed below. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
- On the Website
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages when you use our
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with any OneHope authorized partner, operator, affiliate, or sponsor approved by OneHope and any information and applications on third-party websites and services.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We collect a variety of information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
- The Services you use
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online ministry events, forums, email, or otherwise
- Your participation in ministry events
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services
- Donor account registration and administration of your account
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
2. Information about you.
While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide. The types of data we collect directly from you includes:
- Name and contact data, such as, ﬁrst and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data that you provide by filling in forms at the Website or through any mobile device applications downloaded from or used to access our Services or the Website.
- Log-in credentials if you create a Donor account
- Donation account or billing information, such as a shipping address of a gift donation recipient, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date
- Information about donations or other transactions with us
- Information about your customer service interactions with us
- Demographic information such as your gender or other information you choose to provide as part of your Donor account
- User-generated content (“User-Generated Content”) you provide to us, such as when you comment on content on the Services, respond to a survey request, review a ministry event, or participate in an online chat or public forum
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services; we may also collect data during contact, correspondence, or visits to our ministry events.
- If you provide us with personal data about a third party in relation to your family or business, you warrant that you have obtained the express consent from the third party for the disclosure and use of their personal data.
- Information about others. If you request that your donation be provided on behalf of someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfill the donation.
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our Services or to identify yourself through our Website, by subscribing to our Services through your Donation account with a social media service, such as Facebook®, Twitter® or Instagram® or similar service and your biographical information.
- Account credentials, such as, passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- User content, such as, communications and ﬁles provided by you in relation to your use of the Services, including information you submit by uploading or using any software tools we provide for you to develop or link to your organization’s website or provide audio and video content you voluntarily produce and by submitting such content as User-Generated Content you agree and consent to the use of your name, face, voice, photograph, video of your likeness (collectively, your “Persona”) on the Website, and grant OneHope a perpetual, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use your Persona and any User-Generated Content on the Website, as well as any user profile or public information relating to your services Account, subscribing to any OneHope products or Services, or requesting further Services.
- Information you submit with your consent, if we ask you to create a publicly visible User Profile or one limited to our employees and affiliates for security purposes, which may include your name and photograph. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our User Support Team for our Services or for the Website.
When you visit our site, we collect some non-identifying, basic information. This includes the total number of visitors, pages viewed, and time spent on the site, and other non-identifying information. We gather broad demographic information about what countries and domains our visitors originate from and use these analytics to improve our site and make your experience as smooth as possible.
The majority of data we collect is aggregated, non-personally identifiable information such as your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services or Website and usage details, ministry event attendance data, but we may additionally collect certain personal information data from you to enable us to properly service your Donor account with us, including your name, address, email address, phone numbers, payment information for donations and IP addresses of your device for security logs. We also retain records of your queries and correspondence, in the event you contact us. We do not request, process or store any personally identifiable data listed as sensitive (racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, biometric data or sexual orientation), such data has no place in our faith-based organization’s ministry or business model. More specific examples of the information we collect are as listed above. The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which Services you are using or if you are donating to our ministry.
For example, donors may provide us with personal information (such as their name, address, email address, telephone numbers. and credit/debit card information). If a donor or a website visitor contacts us by email, they may provide us with their email address and name. Providing data is required in these contexts for us to process your donations and requests or respond to inquiries.
If you make a donation online or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us; it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
When you donate online, we ask for your name, address, phone number, email address, and credit card information. We use this information to process your donation and verify credit card data. If necessary, we may contact you to resolve donation processing issues. We use your mailing address to send your tax-deductible receipt and keep you informed about what we are doing in different parts of the world. If you make a donation or choose to fill out a form on our site that provides us with your contact information, you can expect to receive our publications in the mail and possibly be contacted by a team member by phone to see if you have any questions or prayer needs. You can request to stop being contacted at any time, and we can always customize how much mail you receive to fit your preferences.
3. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf) may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Websites. When you use our website, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, date and time of use, content watched, total minutes watched, error logs, and other similar information about how you use the website.
Mobile Applications. When you use a OneHope mobile application or software “app”, we automatically receive certain information about the mobile phone, tablet, or computer used to access the app, including device identifiers, IP address, operating system, version, Internet service provider, browser type, domain name and other similar information, whether and when you update the app, date and time of use, content watched, total minutes watched, error logs, and other similar information about how you use the app.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device.
CCTV. CCTV, if you visit our ministry offices or attend a OneHope ministry event or ministry presentation, volunteer outing or another ministry sponsored event where CCTV technology is present.
Correspondence. Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us. When you contact OneHope, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Surveys. Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for promoting or notifying you of ministry events, ministry volunteer opportunities or for educational research purposes.
Mobile Device Information. Information submitted through texted message or access through the use of a mobile computing device such as a “smart phone” or other portable computing device, which may include device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). This mobile device identifier information includes information such as the International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI), its Wi-Fi radio (Media Access Control (MAC)) address and/or platform specific identifiers such as Apple’s Advertiser ID (IDFA). Depending on the settings you have made on your mobile device, OneHope may be able to associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Authorized User Registration or Services Account Number.
4. Information We Collect from Social Media and Other Content Platforms
5. Information We Collect from Others
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, and advertising.
WHO WE ARE?
OneHope is a ministry organized as a Florida Non-Profit Corporation established in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1987. Our registered office is at 600 SW 3rd Street Pompano Beach, FL 33060 USA. If you have any questions or want more details about how we use your personal information, you can ask by calling at the number provided on the contact page on our Website or via email at PrivacySupport@OneHope.net
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We, or our service providers, use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you, in order:
- To present our Services and our Website and their content to you.
- To process requests that you have submitted to us.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or are associated with Services you have selected or registered for.
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and services.
- To help us identify you and any Donor account(s) you hold with us.
- To provide user support, including responding to your requests if you contact us with a query.
- To detect fraud and to make sure that what you have told us is correct
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- To provide you with notices about your registration for OneHope ministry events or Donor Account.
- To comply with our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including, to the extent purchases or financial transactions are involved, for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or Website or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you purchase from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To inform you of ministry event changes
- To carry out promotional evaluations, marketing, and statistical analyses
- To allow you to participate in interactive features in our Services or on our Website.
- To allow you to participate in mobile phone or portable computing device applications for our Services or linked to interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To provide OneHope and sponsors approved by OneHope information on the users or Donors who have requested information about our sponsors.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information in the “Information We Collect Through Automated Means” section above, we and our service providers use Internet server logs, cookies, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. We use these technologies to offer you a more tailored experience in the future, by understanding and remembering your browsing preferences. As you navigate through and interact with our Services and our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of our Services, visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and it does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services and Website according to your individual
- Recognize you when you return to our Services and our
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Mobile Device Identifier’s. International Mobile Station Equipment Identity (IMEI),
- Wi-Fi radio. Media Access Control (MAC)
- Address and/or platform specific identifiers. Apple’s Advertiser ID (IDFA)
- Flash Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit OneHope, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods. Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you receive email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- Online Advertising
The Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Third parties may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about you as discussed above. These third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) may also serve tailored ads to you as you use the Internet and Internet-connected applications, and access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Services to assist in this activity.
Please note that if you exercise the choices above, you will still see advertising when you use the Services, but it will not be tailored to you based on your online behavior over time.
- Notice Concerning Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser initiated DNT signals.
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
OneHope will share your information in the following ways.
- To companies you ask us to share your data with
- To any party linked with you or your website or business or its product or service
- To companies that introduce you to us
- To companies that we introduce you to
- To our authorized sponsors, partners, and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our Services or Website and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personally identifiable information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To companies we have a joint venture or agreement to co-operate with
- To fraud prevention agencies
- To Cyber Security Providers
- To credit card processing companies (“Third-Party Electronic Payment Processing Provider(s)”)
- To governmental agencies, tax authorities, US Customs, regulators, and other authorities
- To credit reference agencies or companies you provide as a reference
- To law enforcement agencies
- To social and analytical networks
- To a successor in interest to OneHope in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of OneHope’ s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personally identifiable information held by OneHope about users of our Services or our Website or mobile applications are among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures, including OneHope’ s contracted Third-Party Electronic Payment Processing Provider(s), if any.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personally identifiable information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of OneHope, our users, members or leaders in our ministries or attendees at our ministry events or our OneHope partners or sponsors. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding donations to third parties, and the information provided may include: the total number of donors, the total amount of donations for specific periods of time or designated categories and referring websites.
- We use one or more third-party financial institutions to process our credit card transactions. They receive the credit card number and other personal information of our partners only to verify credit card numbers and process credit card transactions in a secure environment.
- Occasionally, we hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf. Donor information collected both online and offline is never sold but may be shared with such companies. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and we prohibit them from using online giver information for any other purpose unless the user has given specific permission to do so.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
PROTECTING A MINOR’S PRIVACY
We strive to protect the privacy of children who are 16 years old or younger. Although we welcome families with children of all ages to our ministry and ministry events, our Services accessed online and through mobile apps are not generally aimed at children. The Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without valid parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. If you are 16 years old or younger‚ please get your parent’s or guardian’s permission before you provide us with personal information. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
HOW DO WE PROVIDE A SECURE ENVIRONMENT FOR ONLINE TRANSACTIONS?
Our online order processing system allows you to make safe donations and purchases. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect your information, as it travels to our ordering system.
Our online credit card verification system is handled by a third party, which collects your name, address, phone, and credit card information to process your transaction. Their encryption technology offers an extremely high level of security. They also have state-of-the-art firewalls and other security technology in place to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Depending on your jurisdiction of residence, you may have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
- Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below at any time. Your local laws where you are located (e.g., in the EU) may permit you to request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes
(including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect
- delete certain information which we are holding about you
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request. If you are an individual who resides or works in the European Economic Area and are not content with how OneHope manages your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with a privacy supervisory authority. In the European Economic Area, the relevant supervisory authority is the one in the country or territory where:
- you are resident
- you work, or
- the alleged infringement took place
A list of National Data Protection Authorities in the European Economic Area can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- Marketing Communications and Sharing
You may instruct us not to use your contact information to contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding products, services, promotions and special events that might appeal to your interests by contacting us using the information below. In commercial email messages, you can also opt out by following the instructions located at the bottom of such emails. Please note that, regardless of your request, we may still use and share certain information as permitted by applicable law. For example, you may not opt out of certain operational emails, such as those reflecting our relationship or transactions with you, or important notifications regarding Services or classes in which you are enrolled.
- Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personally identifiable information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Announcements from OneHope. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the OneHope to promote our own or our OneHope approved sponsors, partners or affiliates’ promotional announcements or events, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to PrivacySupport@OneHope.net For mobile applications, with regard specifically to the use of text messages used by the OneHope to promote our own or our OneHope approved sponsors, partners or affiliates’ promotional announcements or events, you can opt-in to receiving such announcements via text message or opt-out by logging into the app and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email or text message stating your request to PrivacySupport@OneHope.net
- If we have sent you a promotional or event advisory e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail stating your request to PrivacySupport@OneHope.net asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Promotion of Ministry Events and Marketing
We may use your personal contact information (for example your name, address and email address) to tell you about relevant ministry events, products and offers based on our knowledge of your ministry interests or what we believe may be of interest and beneficial to you. We can only use your personal information to send you promotional or marketing messages if we have either your consent or a ‘legitimate interest’. That is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time or by updating your online account page. Whatever you choose, you will still receive non-marketing User Account notices and other important information. We may ask you to confirm or update your choices if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our ministry’s business operations. If you change your mind you can update your choices at any time by contacting us.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR RESIDENTS OF CERTAIN U.S. STATES
Some U.S. state laws (e.g., California and Nevada) provide state residents with additional privacy rights. For example, California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Services mobile applications or Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to PrivacySupport@OneHope.net
Data Security and Data Breaches
In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personally identifiable information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services or our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services or to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in our Services or on the Website.
HOW DO YOU CONTACT US REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION?
We love sharing with you about our work around the world and highlighting exciting milestones in the ministry, but we completely understand if you prefer to opt out of these communications. If you receive emails from us, you may unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the email. If you wish to receive less mail, or none, please contact us at 1-800-448-2425. Please keep in mind that we can always customize how much mail you receive to fit your preferences.
When contacting us to change your status, be prepared to include any information that would help us identify you on our lists, such as complete contact information (your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address). Please understand that it may take a short amount of time to completely remove you from our lists, so you may receive one or two final communication pieces. We appreciate your patience with us during this process!
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATION
Donors may opt-out of receiving future communications from OneHope or request their personal information be deleted at any time. You may make this arrangement at any time by contacting the ministry using our toll-free phone number (800-448-2425) or by making a request to PrivacySupport@OneHope.net.